Tuesday, August 19, 2008

ERICKSON, VICKI (BUMBAR)

Gloucester, VA 23061

Spouse: Michael
Children: Catherina (Katie)- 18

Since the 10th reunion, I have gotten out of the Army and medically retired. I nearly broke my back being thrown off the back of the communications van fighting to close the door with wind and rain blowing terribly. I have good days and bad but fight to stay out of the wheel chair. So far, so good. I refused immediate surgery and stayed in until after my daughter was born. Catherina is now 18; graduated Alpha Omega Academy with 3.85 GPA; was honored by achieving the National Honor Roll; and was listed in : “Who’s Who of America High School Students” both Junior and Senior years. I brag because we did this together home schooling her since the end of third grade and I feel that I learned as much as she did. We spent most of our time living in Virginia with a two year break in California from October ’98 to October 2000. We returned to Virginia and bought “the farm”, still yet to be given a real name. We board horses including one of own; a purebred Arabian belonging to my daughter. We presently have seven horses boarding but the numbers go up and down on a regular basis during our show seasons. Our family fought cancer in our daughter for five years and has celebrated her survival ever since. My husband owns his own eighteen wheeler and spends most of the time on the road as a long haul truck driver. We just celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary, June 15th. Both Kathie and I plan on going to college. She wants to be a geologist and I just want to finish my junior and senior year for a bachelor degree in Business or Education. I have to declare my major at this time. We’ll see if I finally have my degree at the next reunion. B the way, so far, I have a 4.0 GPA and hope to continue on to graduate top in whatever field I choose.

I won’t be able to attend the reunion, after all. Business suddenly picked up and my house sitter moved out of state! So, I hope that everyone has a great time and I also hope I won’t be so hard to find next time. I don’t plan on moving again, unless we tear this house down and build a bigger one. We’re not getting any younger but hopefully we are getting wiser!

No comments: